Sunday, November 4, 2007

So....

I'm writing a book. It's about some vampire and some chick and yadayadayadayada. Whatever. Here's what I have so far:



I stood by the lamppost waiting. What if he didn’t come? What would happen then? The rhythm of my feet running down Rookcork Ave. was still banging through my head. I would not last long on this cold night. What was I to do?
That’s when I heard it. The sound of a large car driving slowly, the gravel crunching under its weight. That’s when I knew that I had made the wrong decision. It was probably too late to turn back. Probably too late to give it up. But I had faith. I spun on my heel in the opposite direction of the oncoming car and ran. I ran faster than I ever remember running before. The moon was my energy. The stars were my guide.
Before I had gotten past one row of houses, I heard a car. It was going fast. I let out a sigh of relief, for I knew that he wouldn’t drive any faster than 10 miles an hour. I was safe for the moment. Then, the car slowed. And more cars followed it. In fact, they were coming from all different directions. And suddenly, I was surrounded by cars. I couldn’t move. There was nowhere to turn.
He got out of his car. The biggest one there. The jet black one. The one with the symbol of death painted so boldly on the side. He approached me slowly. Don’t look him in the eyes, I told myself. Don’t look him in the eyes. He snickered. I looked up. Damn it! Why are you so stupid? But there he was. Standing before me, his mouth curled into a smile, his eyes flashing a violent shade of green, his skin ghostly pale.
“So, you thought you could escape me? Annabelle?” I shivered at the sound of my name. There was such venom in his voice. I heard laughter from behind me. I turned around and saw the rest of them coming out of their cars, forming a circle around him and me. I turned back to face him. He looked so different now. So much different than the little boy my mother had once babysat. I spat at him.
“Why escape you? There is no need to escape,” I replied, trying to hide the fear in my voice. Laughter erupted on all sides. He came closer to me. He grabbed my arm, his nails digging into me, drawing blood. I nearly cried out as I saw the first drop of glistening blood fall to the pavement. He laughed. I loved his laugh. His smile faded when he saw the look in my eyes. He looked up towards the full moon.
“And here we stand again, Annabelle. Same exact day, ten years later. So much has changed in that time,” he whispered. The smirk came back. “Although, some things never change.” A tear dripped down my face. I missed who he used to be. I wished I could erase everything.
He raised his arms to the heavens and face his head skyward. Then, his voice morphing into something inhuman, he shouted the oh so familiar words, “Good-night Annabelle!” Laughter swept unanimously around the circle. Cold evil laughter. All coming from the faces that I had once known. The moon seemed to be spinning, the stars would not rest in their rightful places, everything seemed to be spiraling out of control. And then blackness.



Sucks, right? Wow. I'm tired. Hah. Comments please. Not stupid fake "oh, it's good!" comments. Comments like "Um. This sentence sounds weird and this word is spelled wrong and you used the wrong puncuation here and you should get rid of this part and you should add more detail to that part and you repeat this word a lot and anything else you can find" kind. So yeah. Get to it.

No comments: