Monday, November 5, 2007

Cara Trudeau.

Cara Trudeau was another friend from kindergarten.

I had never really noticed her. She was a small quite girl. Hardly noticable. But one day, we were standing next to each other for some reason. And I look down at my feet. We were wearing the same shoes. I think she noticed first. But somehow, it turned into some huge deal. A big dramatic scene that ended with us tying our shoes to each other. My right shoe to her left. And somehow, that led to us being best friends.

I honestly couldn't tell you how this tradition came abut, but Cara and I loved to make "world records." It ws our "thing." We would do things like "the youngest people to put the world puzzle together," (we never finished) "most hearts on one sheet of paper," (we got in a fight because she drew a heart on my side. We ended up giving the paper to the substitute), and other lame things like that. It linked us together. We were similar only in that way. We made world records.

I used to wear key chains on my belt loops. Not the cool kind of key chain. The Winnie the Pooh kind you get from a McDonald's happy meal. I wore them all the time. I thought I was the coolest thing ever. Cara had apparently always been jealous of my decorated belt loops. She only just recently told me. She asked to wear one once. I gave one of the back ones to her. She snapped it on her belt loop and beamed.

After kindergarten, we basically lost touch. It didn't stay that way, though. But that's another story for another time. For now, I'm tired. Good-night.