Saturday, November 3, 2007

DonDonDon!

School. SchoolSchoolSchoolSchoolSchool. That's what my life has been like for the past seven years. That's over half of my life. You usually hear people going "I was so nervous!" and things like that when they talk about their first day of school. Well, I'm not them. And this is my story. So I'll tell it like it actually was.

I went over to Gina's. I was in the P.M. class, which basically meant that I came to school after I had already eaten lunch. So. I waited at Gina's in my school clothes with Kelsey and Max. We watched Dora the explorer, played with a pet shop thing, and ate lunchables. Finally, Gina said it was time to go get on the bus.

I wasn't nervous. I had been practicing for school all of my life and it also helped that I had visited the school a few days before with my grandma. So, I got on the bus with the one other person at my bus stop; Emily.

I had known Emily Leddin for a while, so it wasn't like we were complete strangers, but we weren't exactly friends either. We knew each other from going outside every day the previous year to see off our older friends to school. Her friend was J.J. and he rode the same bus as Megan and Sara. So we would play together and they would talk and it was all good.

We had a "boy's side" and a "girl's side" of the bus. I ended up sitting with Emily on the girl's side near the middle of the bus. We talked. It was fun.

When we finally got to school, they let everyone out of the bussses and we all went to find our places in front of the school. I looked down at my necklace of a red triangle to remind myself which section of the building I was going in. So, I stood in front of the red triangle section and Emily went off to the yellow square.

They finally let us in to go get into our classrooms. Mine was the one on the left, closest to the door. I had Mrs. Kenney. I walked into the room with the rest of my new classmates and found the cubby that said my name on it. I took a mental note of the people next to me. Then, Mrs. Kenney told us to take a seat at one of the round tables in the classroom. I ended up sitting at the one closest to the door with a couple other girls.

I don't remember what else we did that day. I remember we went out to recess and that we had milk, but that's about it. I'll tell you more about kindergarten in a different entry.